Monday, June 17, 2013

The Good Old Fashioned Phone Call. What ever happened to it?

 

I think with the age of the Internet the standard phone call is slowly disappearing. Why do I say this? Well simply, within 2 days last week I had two cousins, via facebook, ask me how my parents were and asked me to tell them hello. I replied back, "They would love to hear from you. Just give them a call." I also included their phone number, but not here. I am pretty sure my parents don't want calls from every person who reads my post. (But I could be wrong)

Even in our age of technology not everyone has a computer. "WHAT? You mean not everyone has a computer?" No, at least 2 people in this world don't and they would be my parents. I also know they enjoy phone calls from family and friends. How do I know this? Well, I call my parents almost daily and, without fail, if someone has called they tell me and I can hear the joy in their voice.

I get there is some convenience to Internet chatting but it does not compare, at least in my opinion, to hearing someone's voice on the other end of the line. Phone calls create a connection that just does not exist on the Internet and I can't for the life of me figure out why people would rather use Internet and me, to relay a message to my parents. I do know that these 2 cousins have phones.

Have you called someone lately? Have you asked someone via the Internet to tell another person hello? Pick up the phone and call someone. I am pretty confident it will brighten your day. I will continue to enjoy my phone calls to and from my parents because I know one day there will be no calls to make or receive from them.




No comments:

Post a Comment