Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Prayer




Lord God, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Lord my heart is heavy as I and others grieve the loss of fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ in Charleston, SC. In your word you state that in your body there are many members and when one cries the entire body cries. May every Christian around the world cry over the loss of these nine lives in such a heinous and horrific way. I pray for the loved ones left behind as they plan funerals in the midst of their grief. I pray that the community that is Charleston, SC will surround the members of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. That they will be a source of encouragement, support and love. Lord, in your word you also taught us to love our enemies. I pray for the man who has committed this violent act that has taken lives. I pray that he will be convicted by the Holy Spirit, that he will both turn himself in to authorities and to seek your forgiveness. Lord I pray that every person he encounters going forward will be a witness for your love and that he will come to the saving knowledge that God can turn his life around. Lord God you turned the life of Saul around, a persecutor of Christians. and If you can cause Saul to become Paul we know you can transform this man from the killer that he is to a man that would proclaim the good news to all. Lord God, inspire and compel us to live lives of love that we would live boldly the good news of Christ knowing that through us you will draw all of humanity unto you and this world will know peace. In Jesus Christ's name I pray, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment