Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Word for 2013

It appears the new fad for a new year is to have a word for yourself. I don't know if this is in addition to the traditional New Years Resolutions we all tend to make, then break or if it replaces the resolutions. I am going with the latter and have chosen a word for myself. Keep reading and you will find out mine. And just maybe you will chose a word for yourself.

Isaiah 40:1 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

The first week and a  half of 2013 have not been problem free. The first week brought on an inconvenience with my Health Insurance company, my satellite not working, then I came down with a head and chest cold. After I felt better from the cold I read a blog @ Gabbing with Grace where I learned about "My word" and read what Grace's was. At the end of her post she asked her readers to post what their word was. So I got to thinking, what would be a really good word for me? As I thought about the events of the week already "resilient" came to mind. After the week I have had already I think I picked a good word. See already, since choosing my word, I have had to deal with getting cable set up for my TV, then having problems with the new cable service and finally coming down with a stomach virus. I am 80% better in terms of being sick and the cable box was replaced so no more problems.

I chose this word because after 40 years I know myself pretty well and I tend to surrender when several things go wrong at one time. I felt it was time to do things differently. To no longer rely on my past habit of feeling sorry for myself and caving in and accepting things just how they are. This year will be different. With the Lord's help I will be resilient and keep moving forward when difficulties happen. What is your word? Will you have a word for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment