Friday, January 3, 2014

A new season, a new name

 
 


Just like every calendar year we have 4 seasons we have seasons in your life. I don't know about you but I would always associate any given season I was in to a story in the bible. It always helped me to know that what I was going through was not a foreign thing.


On January 8, 2014 I will begin a season of education. After 11+ years since completing graduate school I am returning. This time to pursue a Masters in Professional Counseling. My work at HopeTree Family Services has shown be the need for Faith Based Counseling. I continue to love my ministry there and want to better myself by furthering my educating so I can provide even more support to the youth and adults I work with.


I must say that I never had any intention of going back to school so as I enter this season it is with a bit of reluctance. With all the anxiety I am excited. I have learned that when I step outside my comfort zone (school is one of those) God is always faithful, steadfast and present.


So, are you entering a new season in 2014? Have you been in one for awhile and eagerly await a new one? Here is a prayer from a devotion this week that will speak to you whatever season you find yourself in.

 
 
"God has something special to give us in every season. If we try to skip ahead to the next thing, we miss out on being present where God is. As this new year begins, whatever season you are in, resolve not to wish away the time but be fully present and ready to receive the gifts that God has for you in this season, right now." - Sarah Councell Turner
 
 
 
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment